Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sen

Hi

What happens for school club when a child that requires one to one due to SEN comes to club? Do they bring their own worker or does a staff member do it? How is it funded? Any info appreciated as I see this may be happening soon.

why not try your development worker they may be able to help . last year I went on a network meeting that was hosted by a local authority play work dev worker whose job was specifically for enabling children with sen to use OSC and holiday clubs there was grants available to help with ensuring clubs met DDA standards as regards specific children I cant see why this would not apply for funding for 1-1. The whole discussion was about equality and meeting the needs of not only the child but also the working parent other clubs that attended did have 1-1 workers for children with SEN. I would imagine all local family services would also have this.

good luck

sue

I have been at this job for quite a long time Marley but have only recently learned to ask others for help especially the dev workers. since doing a quality assurance I contact them much more for pre school and OSC and find them willing to share. I was always going to network and twilight meetings to find all the big settings new all the authority workers much better than I did and they always seemed to be on the hub of grants and initiatives even though they where mostly for profit. Then I realised that they have admin staff/owners that make it their job to seek this out to save their hard earned profits.

I have since been on a mission to be noticed and reply to everything they send out and go to all meetings that I can it is paying off within pre school so hopefully it will in our OSC too.

enjoy some networking Marley

sue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)