Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Parent Panel

Hi Absolutely new territory to me but can any of you experts out there inform me of the role of a Parent Panel (based in a Children's Centre)? Also who is actually on the Panel - is it made up entirely of all parents or other representatives? Have googled but it comes up with all sorts of types Parent Panels and nothing too specific.

I eagerly await your responses.

Thank you

apologies I forgot to include the reason behind my enquiry - I have just received a telephone call inviting me to 2 interviews for a completely new job one of which is conducted by the Parent Panel at the Children's Centre.

Guest Spiral

Just wanted to wish you good luck.

Not sure if a parent 'panel' may be similar to a committee - which would allow the centre to run as a charity and therefore recieve the financial benefits that chairties are entitled to?

Interesting one that, best of luck,

Spiral.

hi

I am a childrens centre worker and we have a parents forum. A group of parents who we encourage to meet in the centre every few months. The aim of the forum is to give parents a voice, to get parents involved in running the centre, making decisions,giving ideas of what they want to see or do at the centre.

The centre manager was present at the first 2 meetings along with myself but from now onwards myself and another centre worker will be sitting in on the forum.

I think a parent panel is likely to be the same but not totally sure!!

Thanks Unsworth

The job is Family support worker (early interventions) - Employer Action for Children based at the Children's Centre.

The job is Family support worker (early interventions) - Employer Action for Children based at the Children's Centre.

The job sounds very interesting. Sorry I can't help with your query but wanted to wish you the best of luck for the interviews. :o

Thanks everyone - not really getting too far - have been googling Children's centre and Action for Children but no real mention of the role of the parents panel - just a case of a few deep breaths and go for it I think!

Oh well - nothing to lose - I have already handed my notice in (prior to me finding out I was short listed) as I need a change of direction. Will keep you posted of the outcome either way.

Hiya, I think that the parent panel will as someone else says be similar to the parents forum. When we interview for any job within the centre there is always where possible a parent representative on the interview panel to ensure that it is fair for everyone and they can give an opinion based from a parent users perspective. Maybe they use their parents to undetake their own interview panel and then you might have to go to main interview with centre personnel. Sorry just re-read your post and this is what they seem to be doing. I don't know but it is worth asking the question - no-one will mind and then at least you will know what is expected of you

Good luck - hope it goes well.

Nikki

Thanks Nikki - much appreciated. I am wondering what sort of presentation I will be doing and what type of exercise too? Apparently I will be told at interview.....any thoughts on this one?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)