Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Learning Journeys

Just looking for some help (again). Our parents are coming into school next week to have a look at their chilcren's learning journey's with their children. It is a brief sesseion and we are hoping for the parents to somehow comment/contribute to their books during this time. We are going to design a sheet for the parent's to write on and wondered if you have any ideas for prompts e.g. What have you enjoyed looking at etc.... If any of you have already got a pro forma then I would very much appreciate a look. :o

Guest Spiral

I have always found a key question which can provoke alot of thought and interest on both sides is to ask whether they can give an example of what they are like before they come to you for the day - often during september, the child may be quiet and unsure, but by this time of the year you'll get some great answers 'likes to get their bag ready with lunch, drink and a toy' or 'doesn't like waiting in the morning to come in to see you and would like to come all day now'.

It's a pat on the back for you and your staff, but also allows the key person to plan around their children's interests at home and brings depth to the relationship with the parent.

hope it goes well,

Spiral.

I have always found a key question which can provoke alot of thought and interest on both sides is to ask whether they can give an example of what they are like before they come to you for the day - often during september, the child may be quiet and unsure, but by this time of the year you'll get some great answers 'likes to get their bag ready with lunch, drink and a toy' or 'doesn't like waiting in the morning to come in to see you and would like to come all day now'.

It's a pat on the back for you and your staff, but also allows the key person to plan around their children's interests at home and brings depth to the relationship with the parent.

hope it goes well,

Spiral.

Thanks Spiral. Good idea, will do that.

We give parents some A4 sheets with prompts printed on them such as:- 'This is my home',

'This is my family', This is my favourite room in my house' and 'These are my favourite toys'.

You get the picture. There is space on each sheet of paper for a photograph or a drawing or anything else the parents or children want to put on.

We learn so much more about our children this way and it gives some parents an idea of what information to give.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)