Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Holiday Club

Hi all

Well did it! Am now a general member on committee of sons after school club!

Found out tonight that altho its very busy their numbers are really low during holidays! Anyone else have this happen? How do you overcome it? By advertising?

Thanks for info

yes this happens to us too I think that people budget for ASC term time but not for the holidays . our parents often take their hols then and find friends and family for the half terms we do get better subscribed in the summer when it is more difficult for parents to find willing freinds for longer spells.

I have to say some parents are a bit naughty and claim for using us with tax credits when they dont however we are asked for details occasionaly from them so some parents have to pay it back.

other groups in our area also have the same problem.

Guest jenpercy
yes this happens to us too I think that people budget for ASC term time but not for the holidays . our parents often take their hols then and find friends and family for the half terms we do get better subscribed in the summer when it is more difficult for parents to find willing freinds for longer spells.

I have to say some parents are a bit naughty and claim for using us with tax credits when they dont however we are asked for details occasionaly from them so some parents have to pay it back.

other groups in our area also have the same problem.

half term hols are always a pain. We had 12 children one day!! covered the rent - but we had 3 staff in to cover big building.

summer hols make up for this BUT our holiday children are almost entireley holidays only - so we advewrtise and we take social services referrals for one to one special needs, short breaksd for disabled children etc.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)