Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Signs

I would like to put up a couple of signs by the water and the sand tray saying how many children can play at a time.

I found some on a site a while ago but, being as organised as ever, now can't find them.

Just wondering/hoping somone knows where they may have been :o

Many thanks,

Jackie.

Good point Susan, and to be honest I usually find the children know how many are allowed at a time. But it saves them debating it and also I would like more writing about the classroom, though preferably with pictures also!

It's probably just as easy to make my own, just trying to find a quicker and easy way!

Jackie.

That could be a good reason to have a sign then!

But beware overloading your environment with meaningless writing. The children need to be using the print around them for it to be worthwhile, dont they?

Have you looked on communication4all? There are good resources for this on the site that shall not be named but I dont know what your personal or school policy are on this one?

There is also a new site called twinkl that looks promising but I cant remember what they have content wise.

On the other hand, 2 can play here is very easy to reproduce!

I saw a lovely idea recently - a simple table, 3 rows, with rows 2 & 3 containing 4 (adapt as neccessary) boxes

row 1 - text for example - '4 children can play here' ( insert number as appropriate)

Green row 2 - 4 columns each with a simple clip art 'person' attached with a velcro button

Red row 3 - 4 empty boxes each with a velcro button.

The children move one of the pictures from the green to the red row when they start to play - and hopefully move it back when they have finished xD . Not only introduces a little writing into the classroom but offers the opportunity for some calculating/problem solving.

Does that make sense? :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)