Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Any Thoughts Anyone? All Gratefully Received!

Hello all.

I am currently writing my research proposal...........

The last assignment to do before the end of the foundation degree (except for the profile and stuff connected to that!!)

I am going to do it about parent partnership and exactly what that means.

I am also going to look (using questionnaires) at what our staff and parents feel parent partnership is, or should be, about.

I basically know theres tons of writing pushing towards parent partnership but do staff and parents feel it is this important?

I thought maybe I would end up seeing that staff from early years and parents with young children would feel differently to say key stage one staff and parents of older children. THAT COULD BE ENTIRELY WRONG THOUGH!!!

Anyway my question here is:

Can anyone point me towards research on parent partnership?

Practically every book I own has thoughts about PP and I have the EYFS guidelines, and I downloaded the PPEL and PEAL documentation so have stuff to be working on.

Is there something newer? Better??!!

An article/ paper you feel would be useful to this topic?

A REALLY useful book?

Any thoughts for me generally??????!!!!!!!!

I need to do the literature review ASAP (handed in soon)

Thank you in anticipation good people!!!! :o

Edited by Scarlettangel

Hi Scarlettangel. Good look with the research. I don't know whether you are familiar with the models of parent partnership.

Epstein and Saunders (2002) 'continuum of partnership models' (p.116) in:

Baldock, P,. Fitzgerald, D and Kay, J (2009) (2nd edition) Understanding Early Years PolicyLondon: SAGE Publications.

:o

Thank you sienna.

Have seen the name Epstein mentioned a few times since starting to look for literature but have now "googled" it and ordered a book.

A big help. THANK YOU x

Have also now found info re: ELPP & PIP in case anyone else offers me advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest youngrisers
Thank you sienna.

Have seen the name Epstein mentioned a few times since starting to look for literature but have now "googled" it and ordered a book.

A big help. THANK YOU x

Have also now found info re: ELPP & PIP in case anyone else offers me advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

try peter Elfer on keyperson approach and partnerships also interaction with parents on foundation stage CD rom interesting. I am on My final year for the degree and like sound beginnings by pamela may et al and contemporary issues in eys Pugh and duffy loads of info

hope it goes well should be an interesting read

Lorna N

Hi ya,

I to am doing my research project on parent partnerships and sent questionaires the preschool parents along with the parents of the 2 foundation classes in the school we are attached to . I am linking it to early reading so have gone down that route but in the questionaires issued to 100 parents in total these proved to be very valuable as the feedback was very interesting ( just got to work out how to put then in a pie chart or bar graph now!!!!).

I just typed in parent partnerships in early years on google and have got loads of stuff .

• 1 year later...

Hi starlettangel,

I know its a long shot, but I'm doing my research project on parent partnerships too, and am having the same problem (i know this post was a while ago), was just wondering if you managed to find any new relevant literature?? if so any pointers would be gratefully received! thanks :) xxxxx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)