Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Activities Using Number Tracks?

Hi

After easter our school is hosting a maths morning for our parents. The parents of our class will come in and take part in activities with their children to help them understand how we use number tracks in school as an aid.

We are in need of some practical and fun activities that we can get the parents to play with a small group of children. (something that doesn't need too much explanation!)

Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Kerry

Something i did in year 1 was have big numbers on lily pads i then asked the children to add numbers together but to work out the answer they had to pretend to be a frog and jump on the lily pads. I then reduced the size of the lily pads down so that they fitted on an a4 piece of paper and the children had a little frog that they could jump. They did seem to enjoy jumping on their lily pads

The other week we had an outdoor numbertrack focussing on more and less. We had two big dice, one with numbers 1-6 / 1-3 / whatever appropriate, and the other with 3 faces saying more and 3 faces saying less - children rolled the two dice and moved accordingly, jumping along the track.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)