Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Painting Tiles

Hello

We have been given boxes and boxes of ceramic tiles and want to paint them with the children

We were going to try out different paints - but I know someone will already know what is best

Can you help?

Hello

We have been given boxes and boxes of ceramic tiles and want to paint them with the children

We were going to try out different paints - but I know someone will already know what is best

Can you help?

When I paint on ceramics with children, acrylic paint works well. Just remember to cover table with paper and don't let brushes and pots dry out or it won't come off. Baker Ross are good- arrive in about a week and reasonably priced...BTW you don't need much paint (we overestimated and then it gets thrown away) Oh and you need a paintbrush per colour cos don't think you can rinse between painting. hope that helps.

You could rinse with white spirits but I don't think Ofsted would approve!!

How about some mosaics as well?

Or could you set up a 'tiling the kitchen' activity like we do with bricks and sand for building a wall?

I was given some tiles to use at Brownies a couple of years ago and they used squares of sugar paper to make mosaics. It did mean cutting hundreds of squares in a range of colours but they loved it. I gave them a simple grid to design onto and then they followed their design to create a tile.

Thanks for those replies

I'll give the acrylics a go - I'll buy a set of cheap brushes that I can throw away when we have finished

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)