Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Qualifications

We have just had our new training guide out and it says that they are only going to fund NVQ4, and the foundation degree if you are going to do EYPS, surely this will mean that if people don't want to do EYPS they will no longer get any qualifications higher than a level 3........is this the same in other areas i'm really shocked, How does this make for a more highly qualified work force?

I think it means that you can get higher levels of qualifications but that because their push is to do EYPS those training courses not moving toward EYPS won't be paid for!

As per usual its about money isn't it????

But folks will be able to get training I am sure.

Just not funded though

We have just had our new training guide out and it says that they are only going to fund NVQ4, and the foundation degree if you are going to do EYPS, surely this will mean that if people don't want to do EYPS they will no longer get any qualifications higher than a level 3........is this the same in other areas i'm really shocked, How does this make for a more highly qualified work force?

I'm a bit confused, simcity - you say they are funding NVQ4, or foundation degrees for those doing EYPS and are worried that no-one will be able to do a qualification any higher than Level 3. What other routes are there available for those with a Level 3 qualification? Or am I missing something obvious? It has been a long day, after all...

Maz

it says that they will only fund people who commit to doing the EYPS that want to do a level 4 or a degree.... if you do not commit to do the EYPS after you have gained your level 4 or degree then you cant get the funding, this seems so wrong. I have a member of staff who just wanted to do the level 4 but not EYPS, so they say she doesn't qualify for the funding, this seems so wrong it is like they are forcing people to do it, this cant be right?

it says that they will only fund people who commit to doing the EYPS that want to do a level 4 or a degree.... i

Oh I see - I missed that subtlety. It would be interesting to see what sort of 'contract' they make their learners sign, and how they would enforce it in the event of someone being unable to continue with their studies for whatever reason.

It does sound to me as though they are using their funding to promote the uptake of EYPS. they may well find it backfires on them spectacularly!

Maz

there are some other sorts of funding available for level 4 - think it's tied in with Train to Gain or Business Links . but the course providers may know of other funding streams may be worth asking them. The Foundation degree is funded by the Graduate Leader Fund - which has been designated to develop Graduate Leaders /Early Years Professional's so it makes sense that people need to be steered that way and asked to commit to the EYPS route or there will be hundreds of 'part-qualified' ( as in level 5) people floating around and not enough EYP's to go round. The commitment will and can be made through a contract with the Early Years dept providing the funding - I know Portsmouth get everyone to sign an agreement for any bursaries or funding and they will seek to get it back if people don't comply. :o