Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funds And Grants For Big Project

Our new building project is currently with the planning office and all we do now is wait. But we want to get cracking on securing funding or at least knowing who to apply to. If anyone has been successful in securing funding and grants for a large project, like new premises, I'd be grateful if you could let me know who gives out the moolah.

We were hoping for a big chunk from the lottery but have now found out that we can only apply for a maximum of 50k. Awards for all and ITV's people's millions is lottery also so can only apply once. We have missed our county council funds as we couldn't provide enough detail for them in time.

Look foward to your replies!

ppp

Hi PPP,

Do you have any local groups that can provide grants, eg Round table, Lions etc or sometimes there are grants applicable from your local council? It might be worth looking on a local council website to see what groups are available to provide grants. I know where I live there are a couple of charitable organisations that have obviously had money for many years and their sole aim is to provide grants to local groups each year. Another source might be a local radio station. It might also be worth seeing if any of your parents work for companies who would be interested in supporting you, some companies even now match fundraising totals.

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Nicky Sussex :oxD

Thank you Nicky.

I've not found any organisation that offers more than 50k. Most won't fund if we are getting funding from elsewhere. Also a lot wont fund buildings or educational projects. LEA have no money for us and as yet, I've had no luck with local council funds.

I will plod on!

ppp

How frustrating for you just at a time when it should be so exciting and positive. Sorry I can't think of anywhere else to approach but if I do I'll let you know.

Nicky Sussex :oxD