Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Parents Evening

Hello.

Just wondering if anyone had any advice about nursery nurse's and TA's in the nursery doing parents evening.

Just trying to find out what other settings are doing.

Thanks for your help.

My nursery nurse does parent's evenings for her key children and I do mine. She does have a few less to see than me. As a school we are expected to offer appts until 5:30pm on one session and until 7:30pm on the other.

In the 2 F2 classes in our dept the TAs stay for the parent's evenings and sit alongside the class teacher and chip in a bit, especially where those children are in their key groups.

My nursery nurse does it as she has the confidence to talk with parents, whereas another nursery nurse in school wouldn't have the confidence to do this on her own. All NNs / TAs in school have to make up a certain number of hours across the year by staying on parents evenings or for staff meetings. A lot of them stay for parents evenings as then it is a big chunk of the time in one go, rather than lots of smaller chunks for staff meetings.

We've just had our parents meetings, but my current setting does them during the day. I spoke to my key children's parents and the nursery nurses spoke to their own children's parents. They seemed quite confident to do this, although we did talk beforehand to make sure any points that I felt needed raising were included in the discussion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)