Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dinosaur Help!

Hi, I want to do a lesson where the children design their own dinosaur in their small group work but I am struggling to think of ideas on what to do for the main teaching on the carpet. I really want to grab their imaginations. Any ideas gratefully received!

Meant to say that a friend of mine did a fab bit of work on dinosaurs starting with the discovery of a giant dinosaur egg out in the grounds ( she painted a melon white melon!!). It really fired the imagination - especially when a courier sent by London Zoo came to collect it some weeks later after the children had written to the zoo to explain what they had found. It seemed that its Mum had escaped from the Zoo a short time ago!

Scholastic's Nursery Education Plus have a dinosaur feature this month I think you can access most of the bits online...

could you do omething on the iwb where you have ifferent parts of different dinosuars and the children help put them together to make their own up and then you could label it or something, a bit like a mr potatoe head game? x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)