Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

World Book Day

Hi

I need serious help as my daughters have just come home and told me that they have got to dress up as a character from a book for World Book Day. As dressing up is not a strength of mine was wondering if anyone out there has any brill ideas that they have used themselves with their own children or have seen on other children. The girls are aged 7 and 4 and are very 'girlie'! The eldest dressed up as Little Red Riding Hood last year - now that was easy but thought that I need to be a little more adventurous this year seeing as I'm not working at the moment and have all the time in the world....!

Help!!! :o

Hi

We've had the same letter :(:o

My 7 year old is really enjoying the 'Rainbow Magic' range at the moment and the there is a different coloured fairy for each colour of the alphabet, weather fairies and more. Look at their website Rainbow magic

My Emily is not sure which one to go as yet. Mind you she also likes the idea of Mona the Vampire xD

Sue

my daughter went as mary from the secret garden,very easy to do.

not very girlie i know but we had a few burglar bills(teachers included) they looked great.

the best was the child that had coloured a white t shirt in different coloured squares and was elmer the elephant ,oh and i forgot a child was the butterfly from the hungry caterpiller, she had colourful wings, very pretty.

maddy.

If I don't know the answer Susan I find it a challenge to find one!! Search engines can produce wonderful sites but the trick is typing in the right set of words. Can take me up to half an hour sometimes but I don't like to give up. :o

My worry is that all the staff have to dress up! I have been various odd characters over the years, including one half of Bill and Ben. This year I'm meant to be the spoon from the "dish and the spoon" verse of the cow jumped over the moon. Now I'd say that really is a challenge :oxD

Susan, one wants to dress up as Fizz from the Tweenies and the other one says she has so many favourite books she really can't choose!! I was Cat in the Hat last year really easy and worked well but that was before the 3rd baby at least I'm let off this year!

Thanks for website Beau will take a look. Thanks for ideas so far the simplest are usually the best aren't they. Plus they have to be in the costume all day so getting to the toilet easily has to be another factor! Especially for my 4 year old!!