Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Making Big Talk Exciting

I am trying to raise the standard of writing in my class. To cope with the actual 'writing' side we are starting to use the Russian scaffolding approach with great success, but I am well aware that I need to improve the quality of their talk as well.

I bought the book Talk the Big Talk and have tried a couple of sessions, but I am not feeling excited so I don't think the children are. We have made a super hero display for our super sentences, but I think I am missing something! I would love to go on the course, but our school has no money for that so I am trying my best. Does anyone run this in their school and if so what do they do? How do you structure sessions? I am planning on sending home some talking homework soon, but not sure how it can feed into lessons. In short please help as my kids really need this, but I am at a bit of a loss.

Thanks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)