Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Owl Babies

Hi there everyone.

This half term we are doing homes of people and animals, we did the three little pigs for the past two weeks and thought this week, we would do animals. Alot of muy chn are interested in Owls, i'm not sure where this interest has suddenly come from....buyt i feel it definaetly needs addressing. I have thought about the text Owl Babies which i am sure they will love, lots of pse around that aswell. Any ideas for CLL FOR reception chn. I really want to inspire the chn to do some writing, maybe a letter to let the owl babies know they will be ok, or the chn to write a letter to lewt the mum owl to return to her babies. Any ideas would be grateful. Outside they are going to build an owl nest using natural materials. Any ideas would be gtreat

misspink

Guest Ratty

Teach them some actions to help with story telling. Get them to act out and tell the story, this will equip them with the language for writing.

• 2 months later...

Storysack for the owl babies. Gather objects that relate to the story. Make a little roleplay area for them to act out the story of owl babies. Use "talking points" (TTS catalogue) or a dicta phone fort hem to record their own version of the story. Or have a copy of you reading the book.

If you need help with making the story sack email me and I will send you my step by step guide I give to my NVQ candidates on what to include in a story sack and how story sacks enhance CLL.

Hope this helps

Hoddy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)