Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Poem About Adventurous Play Needed For Research Project

pickle

Hi folks

I've been looking at a recent post about poems about outdoor play but I can't quite find what I am looking for there ...

My request is a little similar so please bear with me :o

For my research project, I am focusing on investigating the adult's ability to influence children's access to 'risky play' outdoors.

Can anyone lead me to a poem that describes children having adventures or maybe facing challenges?

Many thanks for this

Edited by pickle

Hi pickle

This is an interesting research project. I'm intrigued though - what are you going to use the poem for?

Maz

Hmmm - probably just trying to be clever and tutor will say it isn't necessary but .....

I was thinking of starting off with it at the very beginning - as something to 'prepare the ground' so to speak?

No idea if it would work as haven't mentioned it to my tutor - not that she's much b***** use anyway!! :(

So what d'you reckon then?? You've bailed me a few times in the past :oxD

Hi pickle

This is an interesting research project. I'm intrigued though - what are you going to use the poem for?

Maz

Chose this topic as I work as an LSA in the Foundation class of Primary school where the lists of do's and don't's for outside play are endless :o

Have to say I am really loving the research I'm discovering and I'm finding it to be a great choice for a project!

But I am doing it alongside a module on Leadership and Management which I have to say (with great feeling) is NOT going half as well !!

Edited by pickle

So what d'you reckon then?? You've bailed me a few times in the past :oxD

I've often started assignments with a 'killer' quote that really sets the tone for the assignment - but never thought of using a poem. It depends what you're going to use - but I wonder whether it will add to the academic rigour of your report? Will be very interested to hear what others think - and what your tutor thinks, too!

Maz

I've often started assignments with a 'killer' quote that really sets the tone for the assignment - but never thought of using a poem. It depends what you're going to use - but I wonder whether it will add to the academic rigour of your report? Will be very interested to hear what others think - and what your tutor thinks, too!

Maz

Yep - a valid point! I am hoping to pin my tutor down and catch up with her tomorrow or Thursday - I'll keep you posted x

Maz

Hi Maz

Just to get back to you - my tutor said it was a good idea to use a poem, but suggested it should be appropriate to the formal tone of the research project. So my rude limerick is probably unsuitable then :o

Now just need to find a good one!!

So my rude limerick is probably unsuitable then :o

Are you 100% sold on a poem though? Perhaps you could find a nice quote (or bit of dialogue) from a classic children's book (I'm thinking along the lines of Alice in Wonderland, Pooh or something like that.

I'm not a great poet - but good luck in finding something!

Maz

Are you 100% sold on a poem though? Perhaps you could find a nice quote (or bit of dialogue) from a classic children's book (I'm thinking along the lines of Alice in Wonderland, Pooh or something like that.

I'm not a great poet - but good luck in finding something!

Maz

Ooh, now that HAS set me thinking - think that's a better idea, more appropriate!

Maz strikes again :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)