Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Writing Observation On Space

Hi everyone,

I'd really appreciate your help please! I have an observation coming up with my reception class and our topic is Space. The headteacher wants a 'wow' start to the lesson to really inspire the children to write. Any ideas?

We have already covered Whatever next and we have been getting emails from a resident alien but I am at a loss!

Please please help

xx

you could do a list of things: 'we have these on earth, do you?'

The children could then go on to use / take photos of a set of carefully chosen items, which will also 'just by magic', help them to apply their phonic knowledge! They could write the names in a list if more able, or on a sticky label to add to a list if not so fast. Items such as: bag - dog - cat - sheep - coat - hoop - cow - fox

Use items which will fit in with where your children are in phonics, instant differentiation too!

Wow I love your ideas there, you could also include a mystery box that suddenly arrives in class!!! What could it be....an alien?, a space rocket? Or a msg from an alien for the chn to read. Oooooh keep us posted on what you do and how it goes xxx good luck

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)