Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help Please Leadership And Management

ok Ive done the first section of my assignment am and happy with the result :( but now I come to section 2 :(

I have about 900 words left of my 2500 could do 100 more if needed

Identify key pieces of legislation and examine their influence on management and leadership in the EY setting

Analyse the impact of this legisaltion on EY policy and procedures

Explore recent trends which effect leadership of EY setting

Reflect on the influence of such trends for EY leaders and managers developing practice

now I obviously have to go with ECM and EYFS as they are most recent and have a few ideas for influence, but wondered what you fabulous ladies and gents thought, (I hope flattery gets me somewhere :o ) as you all have such a wealth of knowledge! and have given me a shove in the right direction before xD

Could you mention CWDC and the role of the EYPS, the government wanting an EYP leading practice in all childrens centres by2010 and all other settings by 2015. Not sure if this is what you are looking for x

I agree with littlebopeep :o

I am trying to do my ba honours paper on change and am writing about the impact the governments drive to have EYPS leading settings by 2015. The emphasis on 'agents for change' and the remodelling of the childcare workforce which has its origins in the every child matters green paper and the setting up of the childrens workforce development council and the creation of an early childhood professional’ at graduate level through various pathways, supported by the transformation fund. Aubrey 2007:70

You could also mention the EPPE report you can download it and the effect qualified workforce has on outocmes for children.

Hope this helps good luck

Andrea

The EPPE report would also warrent a mentioned, as the evidence has shown that children have better cognitive outcomes the higher qualified the staff are, more sustained shared thinking occurs when practice is led by a trained teacher etc and lesser qualified staff support more sustained shared thinking when working alongside higher qualified staff.

Hi

Think that looking at CWDC is really good idea as they are pushing frward with the quality agenda. Also "Next steps for earling learning and childcare" the buidling on the 10 year strategy doc.

There is also a really good literature review I think it is on Effective Leadership in the Early Years Sector (or last s might stand for Study). Iram Siraj-Blatchford lead on it and it relates back to EPPE (have just attached it). Also the REPEY, which comes from EPPE, wuould be good to look at and what about the Millenium Cohort project I would think there would be some bits in. Aubrey is useful and there is Gillian Rodd and some bits by Janet Moyles which are interesting. Don't forget the Primary Nationa; STrategy document QUiSP and there are bound to be further links there on leadership.

Hope that helps

:o

effective_leadership_in_the_early_years_sector.pdf

Well I have thoughly ran over my word count thanks to your words of wisdom and pointers! :o

a big thankyou again for all your ideas! means I get to have a little rest tonight and some family time! so thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

:o thankyou so much for this link as it will really help me with my leadership and management assignment!!

Hi

Think that looking at CWDC is really good idea as they are pushing frward with the quality agenda. Also "Next steps for earling learning and childcare" the buidling on the 10 year strategy doc.

There is also a really good literature review I think it is on Effective Leadership in the Early Years Sector (or last s might stand for Study). Iram Siraj-Blatchford lead on it and it relates back to EPPE (have just attached it). Also the REPEY, which comes from EPPE, wuould be good to look at and what about the Millenium Cohort project I would think there would be some bits in. Aubrey is useful and there is Gillian Rodd and some bits by Janet Moyles which are interesting. Don't forget the Primary Nationa; STrategy document QUiSP and there are bound to be further links there on leadership.

Hope that helps

xD

Also don't forget to include leadership models, Adair, McGregor and Hertzberg are all worth mentioning, I got most of my info off www.businessballs.com. Should also include Belbin team roles aswell.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)