Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Alice - Book Day

Hi Everyone!!!

We are doing alice as our book day theme (reception)

both myself and the ta's are dressing up as characters.

I want to make various scenes on card for round the classroom including some large playing cards and signs saying this way that way etc

Snack will be a tea party with various teapots, chairs, cups on table and jam tarts and cakes iced with eat me.

There will be clocks and mirrors and bunting butterflies and over grown flowers around the room.

I have also got some inflatable flamingos and will set ourdoors with a maze... would really like a giant chess set but no funds to buy and unsure who could borrow.

card bushes with red and white roses on.

I'd also like to make the entrance (somehow) into a tunnel so the children feel like they are going through the rabbit hole!!

Does any one else have any ideas? much appriciated thank you katie xx

Edited by Guest

Do you not have a collapsible tunnel? or perhaps a parent has one of those made from nylon from Early Learning Centre, the children could crawl through that if you have the door open and something draped above the tunnel so that they aren't aware of the doorway.

Sounds like they will have a ball - can't think of anything you haven't really covered - perhaps some games to play within the theme?