Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Lesson Observation (help)

Hi you guys out there,

I am being observed in PSRN next week, so far all termly observations bythe headmistress i have received good (with outstanding aspects i.e teaching & learning and class management) I really wanna up the scale and finally get an outstanding otherwise i just feel like i'm not improving at all.

Any ideas on some great teaching activities for small groups for C4 (relating addition to combining two groups), would love to hear how you guys are teaching it. I have thought about using numberlines so the chn see the numbers and also objects for it to be practical. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated xxxx

Hi you guys out there,

I am being observed in PSRN next week, so far all termly observations bythe headmistress i have received good (with outstanding aspects i.e teaching & learning and class management) I really wanna up the scale and finally get an outstanding otherwise i just feel like i'm not improving at all.

Any ideas on some great teaching activities for small groups for C4 (relating addition to combining two groups), would love to hear how you guys are teaching it. I have thought about using numberlines so the chn see the numbers and also objects for it to be practical. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated xxxx

I did a lesson obs last year with the same focus, which I was given an outstanding judgement - linked it to The light house keepers lunch as we were doing food topic/stories by same author and also children's interest in sand and water!

Read the story the day before etc to the point that the seagulls ate the lunch!

A letter arrived attached to a basket to the children from Mr G asking the children to help him by finding out how much food he had in the basket so he could check the seagulls hadn't eaten any.

Had two plates of food - sandwiches and cakes children had to find how many we had altogether - counting one set, counting another , howm nay altogether for example.

Worked really well. Just an idea, may or may not help.

Good luck I have a cll - writing next week! Light house keepers cat and lost posters, focusing on describing a character! Fingers crossed for all to go well.

The joys of being observed hey.

xx

Ah thanks for that Vikkim, That sounds like a great idea, will possibly think of something along those lines. good luck for yours aswell.

xxxx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)