Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

E115

Hi there,

I wondered if anyone can help me. I am doing part 5 of the E115 which is all about child protection and children's rights. I need to get my settings policies about these issues, rouble is as a nanny I don't actually have any policies. Does anybody have some that I could possibly look at, or know where I could find some. Also I would appreciate any help or advice from other nannies or childminders about how you get around the fact that you are alone with the children for the majority of the day?

Thanks in advance

Rapunzel x

Guest lucyevans
Hi there,

I wondered if anyone can help me. I am doing part 5 of the E115 which is all about child protection and children's rights. I need to get my settings policies about these issues, rouble is as a nanny I don't actually have any policies. Does anybody have some that I could possibly look at, or know where I could find some. Also I would appreciate any help or advice from other nannies or childminders about how you get around the fact that you are alone with the children for the majority of the day?

Thanks in advance

Rapunzel x

If you google 'Safeguarding policy nursery' or 'Safeguarding policy childminder' you should be able to find some examples that you can adapt. I think there is one on the NCMA website - and there's loads of different policies for childminders here http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/policies/poli...procedures.html

I'm not sure what you mean by the last question? I did e115 in 2008 and don't remember it being a problem.

Lucy (Childminder)

Hi Lucy,

Thanks for your response. I meant how do you word your policy by because you are alone with the children. I am use to a nursery environment and our policies always said something along the lines of staff will never be alone with a child.... or something like that. This was to pretect the staff and children and I just wondered how childminders and nannies got around the fact that they were often alone with the children and are potentially 'at risk' of an accusation. or the children are at risk because they are alone with one adult for such a large period of time. Now I know that it is unlikely that either of these things would occur but do you have to acknowledge it in your policy??

Thanks again for your response, I'm going to look atthe link now and start writing my policy :o

Hi Rapunzel, I'm a childminder and my policy simply says

To safeguard the children in my care I undertake regular child protection training to ensure that I am familiar with issues of child protection and procedures to safegaurd children from abuse or neglect

I follow the procedures set down by the Dudley Safeguarding Children Board (http;//caseguardingchildren.dudley.gov.uk

Ofsted were obviously happy with this as I got Outstanding in my last Inspection and my report says "Children are extremely well protected by the childminder who has an excellent understanding of child protection policies and procedures and gives high priority to children’s welfare. The childminder is proactive in campaigning to safeguard children and is member of the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC) scheme to raise awareness of child protection."

Hope that helps,

Nona

Hi Nona,

Thanks for that. I think i'm going to do the NSPCC child protection/safeguarding course as I haven't done one for a couple of years and get limited training opportunities as a nanny. Thanks again for your help. Oh and well done on the outstanding :oxD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)