Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dip Pre-school Practice. Unit 2

HI

Vicky or anyone else doing or recently done the CACHE dip in pre-school practice. Unit 2

Planning questions and provide 6 activities/experiences.

The NEC lead in question says identify 6 expereinces / activites and explain for each how it meets the ELG for the youngest , middle or highest ability children in the class.

If your children are aged 3 they are miles away from the ELG's which should be reached by end of Foundation stage. So you would not necessariléy be able to plan to meet the ELG atthis age but more the DM? Or am Imissing the point ! MIne are all aged 4 or 5 so they are coming up to the end of EYFS - !!

FOr the CACHE question it says

Choose one experience in the curriculum plan for each area of development ie social,physical,language,cognitive,emotional. So do they not want us to choose one experience from each of the 6 areas of learning ?

Confused and convivnced I am making moreof this than there is !!!

Help !! Hve emailed tutor but await reply !!

Cheers

Cx :o

Hi County - I found this realy annoying as well, for the NEC I used 6 areas and then for cache had to use SPIEL which I just found rediculous, but you just have to grit your teeth and get on with it. For NEC I took my ideas from development matters and for the CACHe I combined sections E5 & E6. Here is a sample!

E5/E6/E9

Assault Course to promote physical development.

The youngest children could be helped to jump from hoop to hoop, walk along a log with assistance, and throw bean bags into large hoops. The middle ability children could walk on the log with less assistance, negotiate a path around obstacles on a scooter and throw bean bags into smaller hoops. The highest ability children could walk sideways along the log and jump off, hop around cones forwards, backwards and sideways and become engaged in throwing and catching bean bags with another child or adult.

This would help them achieve the following early learning goals of physical development of EYFS:-

- ‘travel around, under, over and through balancing and climbing equipment’

- ‘recognise the changes that happen to their bodies when active’

Sorry I haven't replied sooner, half term means I don't get on to the forum as much as I would like, feel free to e-mail me if you need anything urgently :o

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Vicky

Thanks so much for getting back to me - the weekend is here and I am at this same question again !! Got feedback from Tutor which said

"For the formal assignment if you look at the guidance for E5, which is what this directly relates to. you will see that you need to relate the ELGs to the areas of development. This translates like this:

Social Personal, social, and emotional

Emotional

Language Communication, language and literacy

Physical Physical

Cognitive PSRN, K&U of the World, and creative development.

Hopefully you will be able to show your understanding of the areas of development and the areas of the curriculum.

You will have covered E6 with this also when you have linked these five activities to specific ELGs and say which areas they belong to."

Is it ok to lump 2 questions together - i guess it could save on word count .

My query is that we are to choose one activity for each area of dev - but my tutor has put social and emotional together to go with PSED. Does that mean I would need to show 2 experiences from PSED related activities to tick the 5 boxes ?

ahhhhhhh!

headache

C.

Hi County - I found this realy annoying as well, for the NEC I used 6 areas and then for cache had to use SPIEL which I just found rediculous, but you just have to grit your teeth and get on with it. For NEC I took my ideas from development matters and for the CACHe I combined sections E5 & E6. Here is a sample!

E5/E6/E9

The youngest children could be helped to jump from hoop to hoop, walk along a log with assistance, and throw bean bags into large hoops. The middle ability children could walk on the log with less assistance, negotiate a path around obstacles on a scooter and throw bean bags into smaller hoops. The highest ability children could walk sideways along the log and jump off, hop around cones forwards, backwards and sideways and become engaged in throwing and catching bean bags with another child or adult.

This would help them achieve the following early learning goals of physical development of EYFS:-

Sorry I haven't replied sooner, half term means I don't get on to the forum as much as I would like, feel free to e-mail me if you need anything urgently :o

HI Vicky

Still having a nightmare with this assignment -Tutor back on Sat after a 3 week hol xD - so will be glad to hopefullyput this one to bed !

I am trying to answer the progression question . Did you put the profile of your target child in the appendix? If yes - all of it`!!!! ?? Did you just pick a few things or one form each area ( think ing of word count) Did you qoute dev norms as well as DM and ELGs !

I am really and I mean really really struggling with word count . I have about 400 words left for the planning, progress and E6 . Bit stumped on this one too (E6) for a min but need to get head around it !

How are you doing ? Have you made a start on your option unit or are you still on Unit3 . I have almostdone all the reading for the Option but cant start wrting till Unt 2 Is done !!! AAHH

Not sure what happened to email , So have decieded it is best to stick to this format !!!!!

Thanks for all the help

Hi county,

Sorry I haven't answered I have had a traumatic week. My niece has contracted meningitis and is realy poorly. She finaly came off her ventilator yesterday and was moved out of intensive care, but she still has a long way to go, they think she has sustained sone brain damage. On top of this I was on the middle of my SEN assignment which every time I read or typed 'additional need' I just sobbed. Anyway it is in the post now and file week is over at work so back to the forum!

I put all the original profile in the appendix, this isn;t included in the word count

Then kept it realy short and simple

E3

Physical Development.

J can now pedal and steer a tricycle, he can dress himself and change his shoes unassisted. When he jumps he lands on both feet and shows increasing co-ordination when dancing.

Remember 'E' sections are only worth 5 marks so it needs to be short and to the point.

I combined E6 with E5 to save words, and then go through your assignment and remove as many connecting words as possible!

I am starting unit 3 next week and hopefully get it in by May and then thats it !!!

Edited by vickymck

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Vicky

I am so sorry to hear about your neice - That is awful news I really hope everything is ok . Have been off the forum this week so have only just read your post.. I hope you have had good news since your post.

A huge thank you for your continued support - mind you hearing your news puts it all into perspective!

Can you believe I am over by 700 words !! The planning has taken a whopping 1000 words !!! And i have not included quotes etc and when you look at it it is hard to see there are that many words in it !

I am still really edgy about attaching the childs profile - I know it wont be marked but !!!! profile copliation is not my settings strong point !

this is a segment of E5E6 - do you think this is ont he right track ?

Physical Development

“EYFS – Physical Development - Movement and Space.”

Expected Outcomes - Children will use different ways of travelling and show discrimination between them.

ELG: Travelling around, under, over and through balancing and climbing equipment.

ELG: Show awareness of space, of themselves and of others.

YG: Adult support is available to all children as they independently explore the outdoor play equipment, helping them to learn to keep themselves safe by asking questions that will make the child think about his movements and their cause and effect. Adult assistance, by holding hands, offered when climbing onto and walking along equipment.

MA: Adult presence when climbing onto and walking along equipment to offer help to ensure child’s safety or when they decide they need extra support. Negotiate a path between obstacles when travelling on a scooter or bike.

HA: Encourage children to walk sideways along the beam and to dismount unaided, safely. Introduce the idea of travelling by hopping and skipping. Use skipping ropes to travel.

thanks again Vicky and I hope your neice is making a good recovery

love Cx

I haveposted an almost identical question just now lol, unfortunatly even after reading this whole post 3 times i still have no clus what i am suposed to do I have only done E1 and 2, i found the same as you with the early learning goals as all the children i plan for are 16 - 18months i hadn't even read the early learning goals till now.

so for E3 did you do something like child H can

understand simple sentances,

respond to books with obious pleasure

etc listing what they can do from the eyfs guidance?

E4 i have no clue on if you have any advice i wouldbe so gratefull:-)

HI Vicky

Still having a nightmare with this assignment -Tutor back on Sat after a 3 week hol xD - so will be glad to hopefullyput this one to bed !

I am trying to answer the progression question . Did you put the profile of your target child in the appendix? If yes - all of it`!!!! ?? Did you just pick a few things or one form each area ( think ing of word count) Did you qoute dev norms as well as DM and ELGs !

I am really and I mean really really struggling with word count . I have about 400 words left for the planning, progress and E6 . Bit stumped on this one too (E6) for a min but need to get head around it !

How are you doing ? Have you made a start on your option unit or are you still on Unit3 . I have almostdone all the reading for the Option but cant start wrting till Unt 2 Is done !!! AAHH

Not sure what happened to email , So have decieded it is best to stick to this format !!!!!

Thanks for all the help

Hi vicky so sorry to hear about your neice.

I to am very stuck on unit 2 but more on e4/e5 i think it is the word cirriculum plan just blocking me but i have no idea how to do this and we were told we had to show planning using piles which i also have no idea on, if you have any advice i wold really apreciate it, i to only have one module after this but i am seriously considering quitting and doing the nvq nwxt yearif ican't get this done, thetutor isno help i was in tears at college last week.

Hi Vicky

I am so sorry to hear about your neice - That is awful news I really hope everything is ok . Have been off the forum this week so have only just read your post.. I hope you have had good news since your post.

A huge thank you for your continued support - mind you hearing your news puts it all into perspective!

Can you believe I am over by 700 words !! The planning has taken a whopping 1000 words !!! And i have not included quotes etc and when you look at it it is hard to see there are that many words in it !

I am still really edgy about attaching the childs profile - I know it wont be marked but !!!! profile copliation is not my settings strong point !

this is a segment of E5E6 - do you think this is ont he right track ?

Physical Development

“EYFS – Physical Development - Movement and Space.”

Expected Outcomes - Children will use different ways of travelling and show discrimination between them.

ELG: Travelling around, under, over and through balancing and climbing equipment.

ELG: Show awareness of space, of themselves and of others.

YG: Adult support is available to all children as they independently explore the outdoor play equipment, helping them to learn to keep themselves safe by asking questions that will make the child think about his movements and their cause and effect. Adult assistance, by holding hands, offered when climbing onto and walking along equipment.

MA: Adult presence when climbing onto and walking along equipment to offer help to ensure child’s safety or when they decide they need extra support. Negotiate a path between obstacles when travelling on a scooter or bike.

HA: Encourage children to walk sideways along the beam and to dismount unaided, safely. Introduce the idea of travelling by hopping and skipping. Use skipping ropes to travel.

thanks again Vicky and I hope your neice is making a good recovery

love Cx

oooh also i have just done unit 3 so let me know if you need help on that i am doing optional unit 2 next

Hi County, Thanks for your kind words and yes things are looking better which is a massive relief. I think your E5/E6 reads realy well. How many weeks planning did you do? I did just 3 weeks as I didn't have any spare words!

I have had some good news as I have had my optional unit marked and got another A !! So I am onto unit 3 now and not much time to do it in, but I seem to perfoem well under pressure :oxD:(

Hi smallsmall, there is another thread on this subject which you may find helpful here

http://www.foundation-stage.info/forums/in...showtopic=23416

I hope this has worked, there is an attachment of the planing I did. It is in EYFS titles but there isnt that much difference and you could use the same sort of table just with PILEs headings, try not to get stressed curriculum plan just means planning. Many things you plan for affect all the areas so just pick activities that most promote the area you are looking for, eg assualt course for physical development, role pay for language development etc just keep it simple. here is an example of what I put for sections e3 and then E5 & E6

E3

Physical Development.

J can now pedal and steer a tricycle, he can dress himself and change his shoes unassisted. When he jumps he lands on both feet and shows increasing co-ordination when dancing.

E5/E6

You will definately know all the early learning goals by the time you have completed the assignment!

Just take it one section at a time, don't give up know as you have done so much and I don't think the NVQ is that much different although there are lots of changes afoot this September. At the end of the day you only have to pass this and your optional unit will be much more straight forward and then your done !

Let me know if you need anymore help :o

Thank you so much, I am going to do a very rough plan of what i am going to do for each and email her i think before i write it all out, I was just so thrown by this i have only been in childcare since October so i only really have knowlage of the EYFS except what i have learnt on my DPP which as i am sure you can see from my posts is not a great deal lol x

Hi smallsmall, there is another thread on this subject which you may find helpful here

http://www.foundation-stage.info/forums/in...showtopic=23416

I hope this has worked, there is an attachment of the planing I did. It is in EYFS titles but there isnt that much difference and you could use the same sort of table just with PILEs headings, try not to get stressed curriculum plan just means planning. Many things you plan for affect all the areas so just pick activities that most promote the area you are looking for, eg assualt course for physical development, role pay for language development etc just keep it simple. here is an example of what I put for sections e3 and then E5 & E6

E3

Physical Development.

E5/E6

You will definately know all the early learning goals by the time you have completed the assignment!

Just take it one section at a time, don't give up know as you have done so much and I don't think the NVQ is that much different although there are lots of changes afoot this September. At the end of the day you only have to pass this and your optional unit will be much more straight forward and then your done !

Let me know if you need anymore help :o

E4.docHi Vicky

Glad to hear your neice is recovering. What a nightmare."And congratualtions with your option unit. I am still reading through my course work. Will prob do some of it during the Easter break !! Then I will be finished and will jsut have to wait for 3 assignments to be marked!! Scary !!

I am having a real time with my word count - I have only done 2 weeks planning as this is 800 words not including any titles or EYFS quotes !!! Do you think they are too detailed - I am working with children at the end of the EYFS.

here is a little part of my plans . What do you think

I think your plans are good, they include some of the information required for E5 and E6 so you could consider combining all three sections to save on some words possibly and then you are not repeating DM statements or ELG's. I think 800 words is a lot for a section which is only allocated 5 marks tho, but I appreciate it is realy difficult to reduce it and still be completely happy - maybe you need to be brutal and slash anything that is not absolutely necessary - how many words do you need to get rid of now? My planning didn't contain any way near as much detail, but it is what works for you that matters, as well as fitting it into the word count. I have sent you a PM about the child profile so let me know if you haven't got it and I will figure something else out :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)