Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Book Club

Book club meal round here tonight. Shepherds pie and apple crumble (cheated wth M&S) for latter. We will be talking about the book The Road by Cormac McCarthy. Will be interesting as a very profound book. We don't just talk about book however so looking forward to seeing my friends too.

Anyone else belong to book club?

Redbase :o

Edited by redbase

Book club meal round here tonight. Shepherds pie and apple crumble (cheated wth M&S) for latter. We will be talking about the book The Road by Cormac McCarthy. Will be interesting as a very profound book. We don't just talk about book however so looking forward to seeing my friends too.

Anyone else belong to book club?

Redbase :o

I don't belong to a book club - but a friend of mine does and I sort of get her cast off's. xD

i read this book - it wasn't my usual read but it was quite thought-provoking.

Another one she offloaded onto me - and one I would never have chosen myself was "Never let Me Go" by Kazuo Ishiguro. Wow - powerful indeed !

Edited by pickle

I don't belong to a book club - but a friend of mine does and I sort of get her cast off's. :o

i read this book - it wasn't my usual read but it was quite thought-provoking.

Another one she offloaded onto me - and one I would never have chosen myself was "Never let Me Go" by Kazuo Ishiguro. Wow - powerful indeed !

Yes..not sure i liked the road...quite depressing and wondered what had caused devestation and where were they going?? Glad son found the good people in the end otherwise i may have had to rate it as 0 for enjoyability. However do think that the book was very well written and t gets a 9 for readability.

Got any more light hearted books u could recommend?

Yes..not sure i liked the road...quite depressing and wondered what had caused devestation and where were they going?? Glad son found the good people in the end otherwise i may have had to rate it as 0 for enjoyability. However do think that the book was very well written and t gets a 9 for readability.

Got any more light hearted books u could recommend?

:( ha felt exactly the same about "The Road" but didn't want to come across as uneducated!! :o

Have to think I expected it to all go very different in the end (won't spoil it for others) must be that I have the urge for the dark side :(

Definitely read the other one I mentioned - not depressing but sort of different and really leaves you thinking afterwards.

As I get a lot of books from my friend at the book club - have to say they are never straightforwardly light-hearted - usually more thought-provoking!

Gotta be in the mood for those sometimes xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)