Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Team Games

I'm stuck for planning inspiration! I'd like to get my reception children playing some moving about team type games rather than ones when they are quite stationary (like Duck Duck Goose). The only one I can think of is when you have small cones and 1 team runs round putting them upside down and the other runs around turing them the right way up.

Has anyone got any other ideas?

Thanks

We play a version of 'tag rugby' whereby children have a strip of cloth tucked into shorts waistband and 2 children are the collectors, chasing children and trying to pull the cloth out - have to play with half class at a time in our very small hall though! Also put about 5 different numbered/lettered bean bags around the edges of the hall, play music whilst children dance/skip/hop/run/jump/crawl etc - when music stops they have to get to a bean bag I then choose a number or letter and all children standing there have to sit out - we have done this in small teams too, for co-operative play. I introduce the idea of rolling team games very simply - ie - teams of 4 to begin with, 1 behind the other - 1st child runs with a beanbag to put in a hoop at other end of hall, then back to their team so next person can go - takes a few goes as they all want to run together but they do get there in the end!

Jenni

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)