Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Next Course Advice Please

Hi, im doing the fd in early years and just looking at my next options which are

K204 Working with children and families

ED 209 Child development

U212, i must say the thought of an exam fills me with dread,

are they really that bad

any advice would be gratefully received

thanks

Gill x

I have done e123 and 124 although have to re do 124 as i failed. I have started E115 last october. I am about to start 30 point inclusive practice then when doing las course cant remember number i will do another 30 point course maths and science. sorry to be so vague thinking off the top of my head. I looked at child dev but sounded too much especially with exam.

hope this helps a little. it certainly is a mind field.

buttercup

Hi Gillie5

I completed the 'Working with Children and Families' course a few years ago and really enjoyed it. The course content/materials were very good and you get loads of support for the exam. This include areas to be covered by the exam questions. I found that focussing on 4 or 5 (I think there were 3 questions) I felt confident that I would probably be able to produce enough O.K. essays to get a pass.

So, for revision I 'mind-mapped' the chosen topics, i.e. key areas, a couple of quotes for each, any laws etc. linked to the topic, relevant dates when things changed, were introduced etc.

It may be that I did o.k as it was an area I was really interested in and that's something I would definately say think about when decicding which course to do. I f you find it interesting then the reading, research etc. will be much easier.

This is my first post - thought it was time to put something back - so I hope it is o.k.!!!!!

Good luck with your studies

Gail xxxxx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)