Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Baking

i need to plan a baking activity for all of the children. The children decided they wanted to make biscuits tomorrow. I need to write up a plan, detailing what the children will get out of it in all the areas of learning and development. Has anyone got a simply plan or any imput would be greatly recieved. Thanks

Those are great Jeanine, definitely worth pasting in the resources section if you can. It made me think I should probably write a standard risk assessment for all baking activities - just another job!

Those are great Jeanine, definitely worth pasting in the resources section if you can. It made me think I should probably write a standard risk assessment for all baking activities - just another job!

not sure how to put in resource section

here is my risk assessment

cooking.doc

http://www.letsgetcooking.org.uk/Resources/EasyPeasyPassitOn

Hi

Not really what you've asked for, but if you take a look at the let's get cooking site their recipes link to skills used etc.

I've just made bananna pancakes with my recption class, they loved them.

Mmmm like the sound of banana pancake- i'm making pancakes next week with my 4 year olds, do you just slice the bananas on top?

We are currently putting together a recipe book for the setting and any easy recipes that anybody willing to share (particularly those that don't need cooking) gratefully received. Willing to share the final copy!

Many thanks

Dx

Chocolate & Cherry Fudge

150ml condensed milk

225g plain chocolate

1 tspn vanilla essence

50g glace cherries

melt the chocolate and the condensed milk together (either in microwave or over pan of water)

when it is smooth and thick, add the vanilla essence and cherries

pour into a greased 20cm x20cm tin

chill and mark into squares

Made it last year and wrapped in cellophane gift bags for Mother's Day - went down a storm!!

(Recipe has been tried with variations instead of cherries - chopped nuts and raisins, broken biscuits, Maltesers)

Good Luck with your recipe book,

Nona

We made Terrific tuna tarts last week using a recipe ordered from an education website which I cannot remember at the moment. The only thing you needed to cook was the bread base in patty tins in the oven but the second time we made this recipe we toasted the bread then cut a shape out of the bread and put it into the patty tin ready to take the tuna mixture. Children can each have a bowl and select what they want to put in from tinned tuna, mayonaise, sweetcorn, spring onions the children chopped with scissors. You could add peppers or cucumber too. It was delicious and such a good idea to use the bread base.

Will try to think of other recipes too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)