Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ci Reading Resources

Hi everyone, have just been looking through my observations for the week and I am getting a bit thin on obs for reading. Was just wondering what people have on offer in child initiated sessions for children to show off how clever they are!!??

Hi Marion

Some are - they are blending at CVC level.

Some still need support with blending

Some are still at sound recognition level!

Simple signs and messages for a treasure hunt?

I've put a fairy door in my Y2 class and the occupant (haven't decided who or what he is yet) sends letters and messages to the children which they love to read out to the rest of the class a simplified version might work.

Hi,

We have some CVC words on cards with monkeys on (got them from TTS, which was my bible of a catalogue til we had massive problems with so much stuff we had ordered being unavailable for months even with brand new catalogues - seriously, don't put them in the catalogue then!!) This year's class seem to like to play with those in the book corner (although last year's lot just ignored them!)

Think I am going to make some of my own with Phase 3 words on too.

But am also interested in anyone's genius-like ideas!!

My children usually liked free access to the word cards and phoneme cards that I used with them.

Class lists as registers might also be useful. Books that you have read with them, I always made sure we had some really simple texts about that were easily accessible.

My class have really loved the VERY simple booklets we made, using photos of the children in action across provision - the captions / sentences beneath have enabled us to reinforce both tricky words and the concept of using picture clues.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)