Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Distance Learning Ba

Hi!

I have recently started the BA Hons Early Childhood Studies through distance learning with London Met University.

Just wondering if anyone else is doing it this way?

Hi!

I have recently started the BA Hons Early Childhood Studies through distance learning with London Met University.

Just wondering if anyone else is doing it this way?

Me :o

Hi - Hope it's going okay with you!

I started the course at the very first level (I was NNEB then) and now I am in my final year and finish December 2010 :( Hurray!!

Have to say... while it has been a bit of a slog what with juggling work and family commitments, I have enjoyed it - well most of it! xD

The course content has been excellent - the admin side of things are a different matter - hmmm

Please pm me if you want any further info x

Admin certainly doesn't seem to be their strong point - my self and 2 colleagues who are doing the same course have had nothing but trouble with that!!

I completed my degree through distance learning with the london met .. it was a hard slog at times, but i did manage to complete the degree even though i had twins in the middle of it !

I can definately recommend it, especially if you've a good tutor that gives useful feedback, and I felt that i built up a good relationship with her - many phone calls.

One thing I did feel I missed out on was the open days - speakers etc, because I live in Cumbria I never managed to get to any - nor did I do the graduation which was a shame - still I have my degree and am definately a better practitioner because of it.

Good luck!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry for not seeing the question earlier!!

I'm not sure about if you actually study at the uni but for the distance learning degree there is no exam. That is the reason I chose the course - my professional development has revolved around finding courses with no exams!!

Have just enrolled for the level 3 modules after transferring from the Open University, the thought of a formal exam terrified me too much !!!!! Am starting with Beyond the Nursery Garden and Childhood perspectives.

Edited by mcfletch

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)