Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nursery/reception Outside Area

Hi, in light of my presentation to our head and gov's on thurs I am now able to investigate developing our outdoor area, what we need and how much it will cost. I need to do costings and plans to give to them and wondered if anyone has used companies to help them develop their areas - its a large area and I dont know of I have the time or expertise to go this alone and want some help! Thanks for reading ems x

Hi Ems, personally I would use local expertise and small businesses, rather than going with a big firm. When we did ours we asked a local garden designer to draw up some plans, which he did for free. We then got him in on the build to kind of pay him back for his help. You and your staff could think about different areas for the outdoor space around the 6 areas of learning. Perhaps ask them what their 'dream' outdoor area would have in it and then work on from that.

thanks for that - its a very good idea to use someone local - we have already got our "dream outside area" mapped out so should be easy enough for someone to come an dhelp us with that!!

In your planning of your ideal outside area don't forget to leave some space unplanned!

The children can make good use of their own imagaination and ideas in a space that isn't for something specific as directed (or expected) by adults.

Have fun!

In your planning of your ideal outside area don't forget to leave some space unplanned!

The children can make good use of their own imagaination and ideas in a space that isn't for something specific as directed (or expected) by adults.

Have fun!

Good point thanks for that! x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)