Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Takeaway Roleplay Area

Hi Guys,

I'm planning to do a Mcdonalds style roleplay area after half term while we are doing the topic of food as the nursery is doing a cafe, has anyone else done this? Have you found Mcdonalds are friendly and helpful to schools or not?

Just after some extra ideas and testing the waters before i start asking for happy meal boxes!

Thanks!

I haven't approached McDonalds personally but do know of another teacher who did and managed to get lots of take out boxes, drinks cartons, straws, bags etc. I would think McD's would be very willing to help - without wishing to put a dampener of things - how will it sit with healthy eating?

Harricroft

They usually are very happy to give some Happy Meal boxes away at least they were a year ago,ask for some flags ,ballons,hats !So are Burger King!

Why not get the children to make fish and chips and paint them?I used clay and the children cut fish out of them and made a attempt to do chips and then painted them!! It only lasted a morning as they cut the fish up!!! Also made papercones with the preschool name on. Have fun!!

As far as the healthy eating thing goes i questioned the kids before we broke up and a good handful said they had eaten the salads and fruit, so hopefully as long as we discuss the differences in the meals etc that should cover it.

The cafe in nursery is serving nothing but burgers and sausages at the moment so maybe we can provide the healthy alternative! :D

I recently approached Mc Donalds asking them if they still had the plastic party aprons, I knew that they were no longer using them at birthday parties. I was given 24 of them and the children use them at lunch time. They love them.

Its worth asking at your local Macs its amazing what shops keep !

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)