Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Bright 3 Year Olds!

Hi

Help needed! I am EYFS co-ordinator at my school ( just out of the otherside of an inspection - this week - yippee!!!!!) and work in Reception. We have a nursery which is split into Rising 3's and those who will join reception this September. My colleague with the youngest nursery children has a little girl who has just joined who can count like there's no tomorrow, recognising all her numbers to 20 and knows all her letter sounds. My colleague does not want to push her, but equally wants to ensure that her needs are being met and that she is suitably stimulated. Any ideas? Socially she seems to be a very happy and contented little girl who mixes well.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Use her talents into other areas messy, creative, role play, IT, music and just as importantly outside

Give her opportunities to tell stories with puppets, use her love to

introduce music with maths

she might be able to recognise and count to 20 but do those numbers have real meaning to her?

Use her talents into other areas messy, creative, role play, IT, music and just as importantly outside

Give her opportunities to tell stories with puppets, use her love to

introduce music with maths

she might be able to recognise and count to 20 but do those numbers have real meaning to her?

Very good points. Thank you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)