Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Risk Assessments

I should hope not or you would end up drowning in paperwork!

Unless anyone knows different?

i didnt think so but someone i work with seems to think differently

We were told something similar by a LA bod and I have to be honest ignored her! I don't want to sound flippant but if I did do as she suggested I would never see a child and be able to assess risk as I'd be too busy assessing if I was about to drown under the tide of papers. My plan is to write something which covers all activities in a general fashion, a little like my general risk assessment and specify certain things like checking for food allergies before doing a baking activity. Well that is the plan - goodness only knows when it will happen!

I think you could cover an awful lot with one risk assessment under a generic term such as 'continuous provision resources' with some examples of what you mean i.e. small world, construction, puzzles etc. You could then consider the possible risks such as choking, tripping etc under this one umbrella. We also had a seperate risk assessment for other activities such as sand, water, physical apparatus etc.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)