Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning

katehart

I am a family support worker for a children centre and still quite new to this role. I was wondering if anyone had some of examples of planning for a children centre. We run, drop in session, music groups, baby and toddlers groups and i have to plan for all of them. I am not happy with the way I/ we plan and feel someone here on this forum could inspire with some planning that really works for a children centre.

It is giving me headache trying to find something to make it work for me/us as a centre.

Please help would really appricate examples

please

Hi Katehart

Do you not have a teacher/ed lead at your CC.? My CC has a teacher/ed lead whos main role is to plan for all our groups and sessions using the EYFS framework.

Hi Katehart

I cover five childrens centres, and do the planning for many sessions such as Stay and Play, Baby Social, Shake, Rattle and Roll, and Fizzy Kids, as well as planning for our mobile creches.

My planning is based around the EYFS and I do plan using medium and long term planning.

For sessions such as Stay and Play I have a weekly focused activity based within the planning( I work to a theme for each term) then i also plan in continuous provision around the focued activity which is varied fro each session, I try and not complicate the continuous provision ,however just adapt to the children and parent/carers who attend. Like anything else we never know if we are going to get the same individuals in every week, therefore I have found being flexible the key to success

I do have some examples however I will have try and find them as I think they are stored on my memory stick (the rest are on the computer at work.

If I can help further please give us a shout

Regards

GerryG :o

Hi

Thank you for your replies. We don't have a teacher, but we have just started having a teacher advicer come in once a week, who works with the local pre-schools and schools. She is just using us as a base. I didn't think about asking her, so I will hopefully catch her the next time she comes in, as it is really starting to worry me now. I just want some idea's how to put the planning together, that works for the centre and me.

I just want to get it right.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)