Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reggio Emilia

cerys

The course is in London, have just realised I don't know where as I have given all the details to Head Teacher who booked me on the course. Think it is organised by NFFER.

Guest alisonjayne

hope you enjoy the course please keep me posted afterwards especially with ideas on how to implement the approach within the classroom

Ali

• 1 month later...

Course postponed until 20th January but went to the 100 languages of children exhibition yester day. It was excellent, they are hoping to organise some more dates for next year, you should ask your early years service to organise a showing near you. The children were so luck with the space and resources they have at their disposal. There seemed to be a lot of male imput as well. Creative use of light boxes and overhead projector.

Guest alisonjayne

Sorry to hear that the course has been postponed, I have seen some pictures of their work using light boxes. I only started in Nursery in September and am really keen to work in a similar way to the Reggio Approach, my links teacher knows this but wanted me to be secure with my planning before we head down this route. After Christmas we are going to be planning using the children's interests as much as possible. Enjoy the course

Ali

I managed to visit the Custard Factory in Birmingham to see the Exhibition and it was brilliant. I bought a publication called 'The Reggio Emilia Approach to Early Years Education' produced by Learning and Teaching Scotland written by Marianne Valentine. It only costs £3.50 (ISBN 1 85955 672 8) This book simply and clearly explains Reggio and how we may translate the ideas realistically within our own systems.

It would be ideal to explain to a reluctant Head Teacher or line manager how a little of this thinking could go a long long way!

Teri :D

I went to the exhibition today and also really enjoyed it. I have the book you mention Teri, and will be taking it back to Zambia with me when i go.

It was interesting that they they said people had travelled from all over to see the exhibition, but not many from Birmingham?