Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Where The Wild Things Are

This term our topic is monsters and giants! I have never done this topic before and so am struggling to think of imaginative ideas!!

The book we have decided to look at is Where the Wild Things Are

Can you think of any CLL, PSED, and KUW acivities to go with this book?

Thank you for your help :)

This term our topic is monsters and giants! I have never done this topic before and so am struggling to think of imaginative ideas!!

The book we have decided to look at is Where the Wild Things Are

Can you think of any CLL, PSED, and KUW acivities to go with this book?

Thank you for your help :)

When we did monsters before Christmas we linked it to 'real life' monsters and had a look at dinosaurs and other creatures like mammoths and sabre tooth tigers that lived a long time ago. Good for KUW, especially as half my children thought that dinosaurs existed now, whilst the other half thought they were completely imaginary!

Also for our CLL we did descriptions of monsters. I read the children The Gruffalo and we looked at how the monster is described. I have year 1 so we wrote down a description of a monster and got another child to draw it to see how good our descriptions were. You could have children verbally describing a monster to their friends if they aren't ready for this yet or perhaps use it as a whole class activity where everyone contributes and you or some children draw the monster on the board. It really caught their imaginations and we got some fantastic descriptive language. Another activity we did was making models of monsters and then labelling the different part with post-it notes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)