Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Occupancy Level

Hi all.

I am eperiencing low level in the baby room at the moment, :o and low enquires, i just want to know how others are coping, and ways you can generate interest. Do you think investing in website is a good move?

Thanks

Hi all.

I am eperiencing low level in the baby room at the moment, xD and low enquires, i just want to know how others are coping, and ways you can generate interest. Do you think investing in website is a good move?

Thanks

Hi Toro

I think it depends on the age range you have in your baby room. Due to the changes in Maternity leave etc... my setting rarely gets the younger babies we used to. The average age is around 8 months to start. I decided to change the age range in the room, from 3months-12 months to now being around 8 months to 18 months. This does mean we have to be watchful of the toddlers around the babies but generally it is fine.

In the past I have had to reduce the numbers of staff to meet the occupancy levels, not nice, but sometimes unavoidable if you dont want to make a loss.

I think a website might be worthwhile, so many people search that way now, but it might not be baby specific. You could produce your own leaflet / notice and leave them in Doctors, clinics, libraries etc...Ive even left leaflets in baby changing rooms in department stores!

Good luck!

:o

Thanks for your reply.

I am also thinking of reducing staff l need to reduce at least 2. l called staff and informed them, that they have to agree to 4 days shift, or the result will be making staff redundant, they have agreed to a month's trial because they cannot afford it, but if things don't change i have to lose at least 1 staff. The problem now is who do i make redundant, they are all good staff, hence the reason i am reducing instead of redundancy, some with issues, but i can deal with. It is a tough one, overheads still needs to be paid for. In the baby room i have 3 staff and 3 babies, rest of the rooms are just o.k, babies moved to toddlers room and demand more or less stopped, hopefully for not long. :o

Toro xD