Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Busy Hands Time

Hi

On a Wednesday afternoons we have a busy hands time where all objectives and activities are based on fine motor skills development. We call this Busy Hands time and I would love to have a song to start the session to warm up our hands and minds to what we are about to do.

Anybody already using one or got any ideas?

Redbase :o

To the tune of Do Your Ears Hang Low

Do your fingers wiggle?

Can you feel them getting warm?

Do they really start to tingle?

Start them up it's nearly time!

Our hands are getting busy, for our afternoon of fun

It is Busy Hands Time!

Doesn't flow that well, but it may work!

ppp

I have 10 little fingers and they all belong to me

I can make them do things would you like to see?

I can close them all up tight, I can open them all wide (spread fingers on both hands out wide and then ckose them into a ball)

I can put them both together (put side by side) and I can make them both just hide (hide behind back)

I can make them jump high (wave above head) I can make them jump low (wave them low down)

And I can fold them quietly and lay them both just so (put both together and lay in lap)

Hi

On a Wednesday afternoons we have a busy hands time where all objectives and activities are based on fine motor skills development. We call this Busy Hands time and I would love to have a song to start the session to warm up our hands and minds to what we are about to do.

Anybody already using one or got any ideas?

Redbase :o

Hi...this sounds brilliant! What type of activities do you put out? Thanks x

Hi sarb85

We do Busy Hands during our PPA time so it is run purely by the TAs and planned by teachers. It starts with warm up activities to warm up our arms, wrists, hands and fingers and hence the request for a song to go with this...we sung a very simple song to day to Frere Jacques tune..Busy hand time,Busy Hand time(clap hands) Stretch up your arms, stretch up your arms (stretch arms) Busy hands, Busy hands(Clap hands). Circle your wrists, Wriggle your fingers etc.

Then we have 2 adult led activities..today 1. finger painting with white paint and glitter and 2.flour and glitter in a tuff tray. They loved the flour and it was very creative using imagination and lots of winter vocab which was fab as we are doing Arctic and polar bears for our topic. They tried writing correctly formed letter in it.

5 Other activities available for children to dip into as they want too...plasticine snowmen, threading polar bears (polar bears cut out and hole punched around edge and children thread wool through holes), stencil drawings, snowflake snipping (folding paper and cutting out out shapes to make snowflake), whiteboards and pens.

Busy hands happens for about 45mins.

We need to develop plenary...any ideas?

In our Early Years meeting today we have set up a book for everybody to contribute their ideas too..so any ideas you or others have would be great.

redbase :o

Edited by redbase

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)