Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Comparing Provision In The Uk With Europe

Hi everyone,

I'm quite new to the forum but have already had great help with my last assignment. Now for this one!

I have to compare my setting (a private day nursery) with anothet setting in europe. I've emailed random nurseries/kindergardens etc... with no reply!

Does anyone know of a setting that might be willing to share information? I already know some background info on Austria and Finland so either of these countries would be great!

I'm looking for all comparable info...price, market, curriculum, funding, qualifications of staff, ratios,legislation, inspection etc etc...

Any help would be fantastic!

:o

Hi, just a thought, have you emailed in English or in the language where the setting is based? If I got an email from someone overseas in their language I would probably assume it was spam, whereas if it was in may language I may well be impressed enough to answer.

Personally that would limit me to France and Portugal but maybe a linguist friend could help you translate?

Hi, just a thought, have you emailed in English or in the language where the setting is based? If I got an email from someone overseas in their language I would probably assume it was spam, whereas if it was in may language I may well be impressed enough to answer.

Personally that would limit me to France and Portugal but maybe a linguist friend could help you translate?

Good Point!!

I have been emailing in English.....I'm impressed you could write in both French and Portugese! I think I'm going to change my focus to Denmark and forest schools, so any information would be great!

• 1 year later...

Hi Sunshine61

I would be interested to hear how you are getting on with your assignment? I am just starting and had the idea to do the same area of study. Have any overseas nurseries got back to you?

There have been a lot of articles on this subject lately which I have been keeping but now sitting down to start it is daunting!!

Hope you are getting there

:o

Hi sunshine

I am starting a new job in Sardinina in September. I am working with 3-6 years olds. The children who all come to the setting are Itialian but will be learning English through play. The whole day is conducted in English and we are using the Reggie Emillia approach. No EYFS etc. When the children are 6 they move through to primary school again the children will be having lessons in English and Italian. I do ot strat my job untill 5th September if that is any good and you would like some more information please let me know.