Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

After An Inadequate?

Tiddlywinks

Hi all,

I have heard that after a setting has received an inadequate Ofsted inspection, they are only able to get a satisfactory judgement on their re-inspection. I was wondering if anyone knows if this is true?? Only I feel that would be unfair, as any inspection should reflect the current practice.

Thanks

Tiddlywinks

My understanding is that if you are judged inadequate you are given urgent actions to address and they are inspected really quickly (within a month or 6 weeks) - the inspectors would then hope to move you from the inadequate judgement to a satisfactory judgement to enable you to continue to be registered. I think that once you are deemed to be satisfactory then you go back to the usual cycle of inspections and then you are as likely as any other setting to be judged as Good (or better). We went from Satisfactory to Outstanding without going through 'Good' - so I don't think it's necessary to go through all the stages.

hope that helps

pw

Hi there

We got an 'inadequate' in July 2008 due to my lapse in First Aid training (I was GUTTED!!) I was told that we would only be able to get satisfactory in our next inspection but they were wrong!! We got a 'good' outcome when we were re-inspected in April 2009.... So there you go.

Cx

Thanks for your replies. Cathrich I am so glad to hear that. I started working in a setting just as it received an inadequate, they are expecting the follow up anytime............. I personally feel that the setting may be acheivin g good now, but was worried that if all the setting can get is satisfactory the team will lose moral and motivation.

Tiddlywinks

Do you know that you can request an early re-inspection and they will come, or aim to, within 3 months? We were inspected Apr 2008 (pre EYFS) and got inadequate for care (something ridiculous, even the Inspector didnt want to mark us down) and satisfactory for education. We asked for an early re-inspection on her advice and were reinspected in July 08. This time we got good for both. Good luck!

Do you know that you can request an early re-inspection and they will come, or aim to, within 3 months? We were inspected Apr 2008 (pre EYFS) and got inadequate for care (something ridiculous, even the Inspector didnt want to mark us down) and satisfactory for education. We asked for an early re-inspection on her advice and were reinspected in July 08. This time we got good for both. Good luck!

Mmmm, thanks that is handy to know. However my theory is the longer they give us the greater the developments the setting will have made. It has been six months now and I think it could get good............ so imagine what we could acheive in another six months!!

Tiddlywinks