Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Parenting Skills Course

I'm preparing to take a parenting skills facilitators course, through the Mothers' Union, next week, which is accredited by the Open College Network, and I wonder if anyone has done anything similar. It's an area that is frequently requested in the Chidren's Centre where I am a Governor, and provided by centre staff, with varying training.

I feel confident about my knowledge of children, but it's the relating to adults bit, leading a group discussion and dealing with sensitive issues that gives me concern at the moment, hopefully the 3 day course will help with this.

Would love to hear from anyone who leads such groups

elylass

Just thought I'd bump this up to the first page for more replies.

Sorry I' can't help you elylass but this would be something I would be interested in doing after my foundation degree. I guess that leading group discussions would be something you will learn how to do on the course and the relating to the parents bit will come with the knowledge gained and plain old experience.

Hope someone else can help you so good luck and let us know how you get on won't you. :o

]I will let you know how it goes. So far I have had to do some pre-course reading which has been really interesting, reflecting on ones own childhood, and own family and how we are all influenced by the way we have been nurtured - or not.

As to cost, as a Mothers' union member this is free for me, as the M U recognises the importance of supporting children and families, and wants to train as many facilitators as they can.

I will feedback after the weekend

Elylass

Just to update you, it was a very busy intensive weekend course, very inspiring, but I am also feeling quite daunted now with the learning journal I now have to complete within the next four weeks.

(and my diary is so full of other things as well at the moment)

Oh well I know it will feel good when I get it done - less browsing on here for the next few days/weekjs - and certainly no computer games!!!

Elylass

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)