Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Parent Phonic Workshop

Hi Folks

while we have a day off school due to the lovey snow I thought I would try and get to work on devising a parents intro to phonics (for Nursery) meeting. Has anyone done anything like this and if so what have you put in it? As we do Jolly Phonics (just the action cards along with the song) I would obviously want to run through the actions with them. Plus we do letters and sounds so would want to show them the clip from the DVD re the pronunciation of sounds.

Anyone else got any ideas to make it a bit of fun and perhaps interactive?

Thanks

Apple

The parents really enjoyed playing the games that we do with the children. It gave them a real insight into how the children learn!!! Also it helped the parents to relax and mix with each other. Have you got an interactive whiteboard? There is a really good Powerpoint that explains Letters and Sounds really well.

Brownie x

The parents really enjoyed playing the games that we do with the children. It gave them a real insight into how the children learn!!! Also it helped the parents to relax and mix with each other. Have you got an interactive whiteboard? There is a really good Powerpoint that explains Letters and Sounds really well.

Brownie x

I would also be interested in getting the powerpoint presentation you mention, please let me know where i can get it from

Mandy

Hi Brownie

can you tell me where to find the powerpoint you mentioned- although I don't have an IWB available I will have the laptop and projector

thank you for your help

Apple

I can't remember where I got it from but it's about Jolly Phonics. I have more but can't find them at mo. Will keep looking.

Brownie x

Jolly_phonics_parents.pdf

letters_and_sounds_power_point_for_parents.pptLetters_and_Sounds_handout_for_parents.doc

Hi

Here's my presentation that I gave to parents of N, R, Y1 & Y2 parents, all in 1 go! Looking back at it I think it's a bit dull looking but I was going for lots of information and "look how much your child has to learn by the time they are 7"!

I put it all into a flier too to hand out. Parents did say it was quite useful. I also put out lots of activities for parents to explore after my talk, things that they could do at home rather than info on games that you'd play with a large group. As they looked at the activities I answeres qus and talked with them about what they could do at home.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)