Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Silly Question Alert!

Hi everyone,

Hope you had a good break from work if you got one. I am currently working as a nanny (unregistered at the moment but am planning to get registered). As a nanny you don't seem to get mentor meetings, training opportunites etc. Until now I have done no written reports, planning etc on the children in my care as it has never been requested. I do tailor the day to meet the childrens needs I just don't document it anywhere. Anyway I have decided that I want to start using planning, creating a learning journies etc, now here comes the silly question. What are the early years foundation stage profiles? I have done a search on the internet and found guidence of how to fill them in but no examples of what they actually are, does anyone know where I can get this information? I was previously a manager of a nursery and have had lots of experiance of the foundation stage and birth to 3 but no current experiance of the EYPS and am feeling a bit out of the loop.

I am lucky that I know a few managers of local nurseries who help me out with planning etc and I'm sure they would help me out with the profiles too but just thought I'd have a quick ask on here.

So.......any ideas where I begin :o

Guest Mrs Tiggy Winkle

EY Profiles are just done for children at the end of their Reception Year, so as a nanny it is unlikely that you would need to do these. I would work on keeping a learning journey for each child and using that as a basis for your planning of next steps. I do understand where your coming from tho, I went from full time class teaching into part time nannying and whilst I relished the opportunity to work without planning, I did find that I was still doing it mentally and constantly assessing where the children were at and where they needed to go next, just not anything formal! Now am a CCQT and still trying to approach the whole planning thing from yet another angle lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)