Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Medium Term Planning

Hello Everyone

I'm currently doing my medium term plans for the rest of the year and i'm interested on other peoples topics for their medium term plans and their template ideas.

I have seen a variety of ideas but as this is my first full year in Reception class, i am interested to have some ideas!

THank you

I do mine retrospectivly - similar sort of sheet which i write the types pf things we've done and then another sheet that has the development matters statements on which i highlight of througought the term so i can see my coverage. although i'm thinking about not doing the topic web style sheet as surely it's just duplicating my weekly plans???

Drew

Thank you so much for putting your template on here. I'm just wondering what type of topics people are doing in thier reception class for their Medium term plans? and what you all did last term. We had settling in and then food and celebration.

Thank you for your ideas

I base most of my topics/themes around interests of children. Once i have decided on the theme I fill in a topic web like the one attached of possible ideas and add to it as we do things. I also highlight the development matters statements retrospectively as they are covered. I change my topics every 3 weeks or so, it depends if children are interested in it or if their interests change.

Topics I did last term: All about me, autumn, space, winter &christmas. Going to do one on trains, planes and automobiles this half term. May do people who help us if children continue to show interest. Last year during summer term we did mini beasts which was very popular with the children and we continued it for the whole half term because the interest continued!! Don't know which topics I will cover too far in advance because they are based on observations and interests.

I also will do sub-themes, for example when we did our space topic, a few of the girls were more interested in princesses so developed this interest in the continued provision along side space.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)