Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyclo 11 And 12

Hello everyone.

Can anyone help me with the EYCLO 11 and 12. I really cant get my head around these. I have read through the PPA's many times, but not finding any evidence.

Any help and advice would be great.

Thank you

Hi,

I assume you are studying with the OU??

EYCLO 11 - Evaluate and use ICT to support children's learning and development - do you use internet searches to inform your practice? Have you used a computer to generate resources/planning etc ? Do you use any ICT equipment whatsoever in your setting and have evaluated it?

EYCLO 12 - Manage sessions with groups of children - have you examples of planning? How do you manage the activities you have planned? How do you assess what has been happening?

If your answer to any of the above is yes, you have evidence!! - think about it.

Sue :o

Hello Sue,

Yes, I am currently studying E115 with the OU. Very challenging and takes up lots of my time to find evidence. :-)

Thank you for your advice, it is very helpful.

Andrea

When did you start E115? I started last October - passed, phew!! Have moved on through U212 (brilliant!! - shame about the exam :o ) and now doing E215. I overlapped second half of E115 with first half of U212 - don't overlap anything with E115, or anything at Level 2!! Work load is too much - how I managed I'll never know - but haven't got exam result yet!!

I didn't start thinking about these two EYCLOs (apart from initial audit) until way down the line!!

Sue

When did you start E115? I started last October - passed, phew!! Have moved on through U212 (brilliant!! - shame about the exam :o ) and now doing E215. I overlapped second half of E115 with first half of U212 - don't overlap anything with E115, or anything at Level 2!! Work load is too much - how I managed I'll never know - but haven't got exam result yet!!

I didn't start thinking about these two EYCLOs (apart from initial audit) until way down the line!!

Sue

I this October. Just send tma 4 and 5 away. I wish i didnt have to overlapp, but i am trying to get the Foundation degree out of the way. I am going to do E215 in October 2010 and then do the Child development course in February 2011. I was thinking about starting it next year, but thought if i get my head around these eyclo's first, hopefully E215 will be a lot easier.

I work at a children's centre and only run a group on a tues and wed am for 2 hours and we break up for X-mas in 2 weeks and in january we move into a new building with no groups for the whole month, so i am having to do all my work for tma 6 and 7 this month. Crazy i know.

Sorry I had to involve myself.

I hate to put you off but E215 does NOT get any better. In fact I am bored to tears. I have been sat here all afternoon trying to write tma and I can not even remember what i read it was so thrilling! I have managed a wopping 126 words!!!

To top it all my tutor wants LOADS of references to PPA's and EYFS in RLO and Eyclos and there's just no space. I just wish there was another option. At the moment I'd ratehr go to the dentist i(and I am petrified of the dentist!!) its that interesting.

Good luck and remember there is a lot more to ICT than computers which is sometimes the case.

Vicky

Sorry I had to involve myself.

I hate to put you off but E215 does NOT get any better. In fact I am bored to tears. I have been sat here all afternoon trying to write tma and I can not even remember what i read it was so thrilling! I have managed a wopping 126 words!!!

To top it all my tutor wants LOADS of references to PPA's and EYFS in RLO and Eyclos and there's just no space. I just wish there was another option. At the moment I'd ratehr go to the dentist i(and I am petrified of the dentist!!) its that interesting.

Good luck and remember there is a lot more to ICT than computers which is sometimes the case.

Vicky

Hello Vicky,

oh no, sorry to hear that. I do agree, if is very boring. I forgot to reference the ppa's or eyclos in my last tma. Ups....so just waiting on my results.

Andrea

I can't resist asking what you are finding that is so boring :o

I appreciate OU courses are not everyones cup of tea and some enjoy them more than others. However, I found looking at my practice through the eyes of a child in my setting absolutely fascinating. I really enjoyed applying the different moasic tools in the small scall research activities and analysing the findings.

I agree Geraldine, I'm finding the 'eyes of a child' wonderful!

However, working through Block 2 (the one for the current TMA) I found it difficult to stay motivated - maybe because the study was so very different to that required for U212. That said, U212 was difficult to get the hang of at first! :o . Whilst working through the TMA everything began to hang together again and now I'm raring to go on the next block.....

Does that help, andrea and vicky? Although the documentation for those EYCLOs and RLOs is still tedious xD

Sue

I love the mosaic approach we tend to use this alot in my setting anyway so this is very positive.

It's the reading I have found so boring it has been very difficult to keep focused mind you the tiredness doesn't help much. I fear I have been spoilt by the books for E243 they are so much easier to handle than those bloomin files.

Vicky

Well, yes, the books for U212 were also easier to manage - did you have lots of audio-visual material as well?

There's a lot of material cropping up that I am familiar with from U212, so that's helpful :o

But I'm not actually finding E215 boring - it's just the documentation xD. Certainly I enjoyed the research and writing for TMA 03.

Sue

oh I agree that the task of physically completing the EYCLOs / RLOs is tedious and can be a time consuming administrative job :o

I think you raise an interesting point about the reading materials and how the style of the materials can impact on how we view the course overall.

The books for E243 were brilliant in terms of style and content - easy to pop one in my bag to take to read when I get time and were not 'heavy' on content! not quite so easy to carry a huge great E215 folder around!

• 1 month later...

Sue

HI Sue,

Just read your reply - Looks like I am doing the same as you did !! - Currently doing E115 - Started Oct 09 - Just about to start U212 so will be doing second half of E115 at the same time as U212, then onto E215 in Oct !!! - Know where to come if I get stuck now !!! xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)