Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Action Research In Children Centre's

I am really in need of some help. I am in the last Year of my BA Hons and have recently moved to work at a children's centre. As well as having three assignments due in after Christmas I also need to start to think about my dissertation. The trouble is I am now struggling to think of some areas/ideas for my action research linked to my current role/children centres.

My initial thoughts were to do something around baby massage or multi agency working.

I wondered if anyone else based in a children centre - or setting other than school/nursery - has carried out an action research problem and maybe offer some advice for starting points.

I am appreciative of any information or help :)

Many thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I am really in need of some help. I am in the last Year of my BA Hons and have recently moved to work at a children's centre. As well as having three assignments due in after Christmas I also need to start to think about my dissertation. The trouble is I am now struggling to think of some areas/ideas for my action research linked to my current role/children centres.

My initial thoughts were to do something around baby massage or multi agency working.

I wondered if anyone else based in a children centre - or setting other than school/nursery - has carried out an action research problem and maybe offer some advice for starting points.

I am appreciative of any information or help :)

Many thanks

I have undertaken a couple of assignments within a children's centre - one around multi agency working and one around team working within the nursery. The one on multi agency working focussed on peoples thresholds and peoples values and how they affect every day working and the impact of not having enough time to thrash out these problems. Team working was based around team roles and role incongruence, andragogy etc and why that might be and how it could be addressed. Its probably too late now but why not look at an issue you perceive as a problem that you might need to look at further as it works for you and makes it more meaningful. I am sure there are loads of things you could look at as life is never plain sailing. Whilst baby massage could be based on attachment theory it might be difficult to evaluate with parents who perhaps might have feelings of inadequacy, PND or other issues but there again you may want to look at someting else attached to baby massage - if you need anything else please email me

Nikki

• 3 weeks later...

Soory for the late thank you nikki

I have decided to focus my research on supporting parents in accessing other groups within the centre, have 3 other assignments taking up my brain space at the mo but once they are done i well may email for more advice.

Thanks again :)

Hi kmt

not sure if it's any use to you but (although it wasn't action research) my dissertation was about barriers to adult learning. It was specifically an evaulation of a project I'd run to support women back into education and training by funding their childcare.

If you are at all interested I'm more than happy to let you have a copy - the literature review section might help you with the difficulties faced by parents in accessing training and education.

HTH

RR

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)