Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reception Timetable And Ipc

My school have just signed upto the IPC (International Primary Curriculum). This has lots of topics, and I am planning on using it as a good basis for my planning. The only problem being... at the moment I do a KS1 style literacy and Numeracy everyday, plus phonics!!

I have just argued my way to now only doing a 20mins PSRN every morning, and Letters and Sounds and then covering the rest of my PRSN and CLL throughout the IPC. I have managed to get my head on board (and am working on the assistant head) however, am I right, that I don't need to do 5 PSRN and 5 CLL (KS1) style?

Beginning to doubt myself now!!

Emily

This is my idea, that I am covering them throughout the day rather than in structured lessons - but just want to double check with others.♦

I wouldn't dream of doing 5 CLL and 5 PSRN a week! I currently do 2 adult led PSRN and 2 adult CLL tasks a week, they run across the day, not confined to lesson slots. The rest of the children are accessing continuous provision in their play. I do 20 minutes phonics a day and I do a short numeracy carpet session 3 times a week.

I don't know anything about IPC so can't really comment on that, does it leave room for planning for the interests of individual children?

I hope you can make your head realise that reception is not like KS1! It took me a while to get my head to realise but keep going!

KST

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)