Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outdoor Area

Hi, I am new to asking questions on the forum although have been reading posts for some time. I am really stuck and wondered if any of you great people could help me. I work in a reception class - I have a small (very small) classroom and a covered outdoor area. Although the outdoor is covered it has open sides and the rain and wind affect anything set up in this area. My dilemma is to provide a balance of indoor and outdoor activities during the winter time. Does anyone have any ideas. Because the classroom is small it is not possible to have every area covered all the time. I am really stuck with how to cater for all six areas of learning each day. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

can you put up things on the wall outside? we have an outside area that has wipe boards / chalk boards screwed on the wall, we also have drain pipes at different angles on the wall to pour water down of put balls down, and have a tarpulin in one corner with role play or sand tray underneath acts as a rain sheild too! sorry only a few ideas but we have found these popular and you don't have to take them in and out each day

can you put up things on the wall outside? we have an outside area that has wipe boards / chalk boards screwed on the wall, we also have drain pipes at different angles on the wall to pour water down of put balls down, and have a tarpulin in one corner with role play or sand tray underneath acts as a rain sheild too! sorry only a few ideas but we have found these popular and you don't have to take them in and out each day

Thanks that sounds good.

Hi Mini,

I think the secret is to provide activities and experiences that can cover two or more areas of learning. For many activities, the children are engaging in PSED, CLL, and at least one other area of learning. Maybe this way of thinking about your provision will encourage you to move away from the six areas as separate entities and therefore you won't feel so anxious about providing for each within a small space? :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)