Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dpp Planning Assignment - Please Help

I am struggling a bit with this one so if anyone could help that would be great. I have done 3 weeks curriculum plan and linked it to my child profile. I have been told by my tutor that I have to do SPIEL headings for section E5 and then link back to EYFS curriculum for E6. What I am know confused about is this, I have 5 experiences, 1 to promote each SPIEL heading, when I link it to the curriculum framework do I need to link it to each of the 6 areas of learning or just the area I have planned for the activity to promote.

e.g I have planned an assault course to promote physical development, do I just link this to ELG's for PD or do I go on and say how it impacts on ELG's in other areas?

If I have to do all 6 areas for each of the 5 activities I am going to have a nightmare with my wordcount and deadline of 1st of december is fast approaching for me to have assignement with my tutor - why was I so lazy in summer!!!!

Any guidance would be much appreciated :o

For E5 I used chose 1 experience/activity to promote each spiel heading, so 5 activities in all. For E6 I then said how each activity would help children to progress to an ELG that lead on from the development matter statement I used in E4 for each activity. You don't have to cover all 6 areas for each activity.

For your assault course, if you used the dev. matter of:

'Move freely with pleasure and confidence in a range of ways, such as slithering, shuffling, rolling, crawling, walking, running jumping, skipping, sliding and hopping.' in E5, in E6, you could say how the assault course will help children progress to the ELG of:

'Travel around, under, over and through balancing and climbing equipment.'

I combined E5 & E6 as it made easier for me to write and I used fewer words, but others did them separately as that worked better for them.

Good luck,

Karrie

·

Edited by aliamch

The word count for this unit was a nightmare for me also, after rejigging E4 I got the 4 week plan done in 280 words and got top marks for it. The best tip I was given was to read over all your assignment and remove any unnecessary connectives. I was shocked how many times I'd used words like 'the' and 'also', which when removed didn't effect the sense or content of what I was trying to explain.

Karrie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)