Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Anti Bullying Week

Hi all

Was just wondering if anyone was doing something fun and different for anti bullying week next week. My school is having a competition for the best ideas - but havent thought of anything different or exciting yet.

Any ideas??

XXX

Hi,

i think this year's theme of cyber bullying and esafety is very tricky for younger children and the anti bullying website isn't as helpful as previous years. We were going to link our work to designing posters about how we use the computer safely at school and at home esp as I have a couple of children who think they can change the computer programme to anything they want to use.

Will let you know if we come up with any other ideas.

Nicky Sussex :oxD

Hi

I agree that this years theme isn't welcoming to early years but with the popularity of mobile phones and social networking sites very important.

We have sent home a circle of friends activity which we will then discuss and use dazzle and photos we have taken to produce our circle of friends.

HTH

Vicky

In the past I have largely ignored the 'theme', and just done things that are relevant to my class/early years in general. One year we read Elmer and focused on being different, including each decorating a square on a giant Elmer picture I had made, which they really enjoyed. Think this year I'm going to read 'I'm Not Your Friend' and do some activities based on that, as they are driving me mad at the moment as that comment to each other is apparently the worst insult that can ever be given!!!

I always call it friendship week and we do a lot of activities about being different, being a friend and what is special about ourselves. We always start with our class bear who is being called names by another bear and our mission is to help him feel better and teach the other bear how to be a good friend.

Hi

Our school is having a competition for each year group

Year R are making friendship stops

year 1 have an outline of a person and they are going to make labels to point to various parts on the person that make a good friend e.g. a caring heart, mouth - saying kind things, etc

Edited by sbrown

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)