Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Phonics Workshop

Hi everyone,

I'm planning a phonics workshop for parents. I'm going to have phonics everywhere, in all areas of provision to show the parents some of the different ways children practise and consolidate their phonics. I'm also going to do a typical phonics session for parents to watch the children being involved in. I'm going to have the phonics pronunciation video playing on the IWB...

I just wondered if there are any particularly great things you've done for thisor would suggest? Any really exciting phonics activities / provision enhancements that would be good to use?

I know you're all so fantastic - I didn't want to embark on this without running it past you first!

Thank you!

Emma x

When I did something similar I used part of an early reading video clip on teachers tv - it shows the children doing different things. Have a look and see what you think. I also gave them a quiz to see if they could work out how many sounds in different words - that was interesting as they were very uncertain!

Hi everyone,

I'm planning a phonics workshop for parents. I'm going to have phonics everywhere, in all areas of provision to show the parents some of the different ways children practise and consolidate their phonics. I'm also going to do a typical phonics session for parents to watch the children being involved in. I'm going to have the phonics pronunciation video playing on the IWB...

I just wondered if there are any particularly great things you've done for thisor would suggest? Any really exciting phonics activities / provision enhancements that would be good to use?

I know you're all so fantastic - I didn't want to embark on this without running it past you first!

Thank you!

Emma x

I got the parents playing a phonics game together, they played sound swat, you place sound cards in a space and they work in pairs taking turns to swat with a fly swat the sound called out. I also gave them a sheet with a few simple phonic games they could play with their children as well as pictures and explanations of the eaction for each sound. (we use jp with l&s) x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)